Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:48:54 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD + winbindd success stories?

Colleagues,

If someone has successfully configured winbind with FreeBSD, please
share your success story.

I cannot make it work for some reason. "wbinfo -t" reports success,
"wbinfo -u" lists users on the domain controller. So I assume
samba+winbindd are configured and joined correctly.

Next I edit /etc/nsswitch.conf to include:
group: files winbind
passwd: files winbind

But "getent passwd" does not list any Windows users, only local Unix ones.

What am I doing wrong?

I would very much like to hear from someone who successfully sees
DOMAIN\user users on her FreeBSD system.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov@sibptus.tomsk.ru