Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:36:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kelly Hendrix <kelly@compuage.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   password with mount_smbfs

Greetings

I've been playing with mount_smbfs for a bit now, and I've managed to
mount my windows box on my FreeBSD machines.  I've even got an entry in
/etc/fstab to make it that much easier.  The only problem I've run into is
automatically sending my password, so as to forego manually entering in my
password in the mount process.  Here's my .nsmbrc file:

[default]
workgroup=wheel
nbns=192.168.0.1

[hnet1]
nbns=192.168.0.1
addr=kelly.hendrix.net
workgroup=wheel

[kelly:hnet1]
password=*****
workgroup=wheel

[kelly:hnet1:c]
password=*****
workgroup=wheel

The ***** entries represent unencrypted passwords.  I've also tried using
addr=192.168.0.2 to no avail.  It's no big deal, but I was just wondering
if the automatic sending of passwords is functional?  If so, what am I
doing wrong?   Here's the output of uname -a in case that's helpful:

% uname -a
FreeBSD hnet04.hendrix.net 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #2: Wed Jan 17
23:48:37 GMT 2001     root@hnet04.hendrix.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/hnet04
i386

TIA

Kelly

| There are two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a |
| miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle.            |
|	Albert Einstein (1879-1955)                                    |