Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:18:30 +0200
From:      Tuure Laurinolli <tuure@laurinolli.net>
To:        Steve Hodgson <steve@acidy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld for RELENG_5 failing on RELENG_5_3 in /usr/src/usr.sbin/syslogd, _PATH_LOG_PRIV not defined

Steve Hodgson wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 14:02, Tuure Laurinolli wrote:
>
>>Steve Hodgson wrote:

>>I get the same error updating RELENG_5_3 to RELENG_5. It's strange
>>because the constant most certainly is defined in
>>/usr/src/sys/sys/syslog.h. However, when I straced the make, it seemed
>>that this file was never used. Instead it used syslog.h from my already
>>installed system!
>>

> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 14:02, Tuure Laurinolli wrote:
>
>>Steve Hodgson wrote:

>>I get the same error updating RELENG_5_3 to RELENG_5. It's strange
>>because the constant most certainly is defined in
>>/usr/src/sys/sys/syslog.h. However, when I straced the make, it seemed
>>that this file was never used. Instead it used syslog.h from my already
>>installed system!
>>

> In the end I traced this down to devel/ccache which I was using at the time. I
> had copied the lines from /usr/local/share/doc/ccache/make.conf into my own
> make.conf:

I don't have anything like that in my make.conf, only the following:

CPUTYPE?=p3
CFLAGS= -g -O -pipe
COPTFLAGS= -O2 -pipe
NO_LPR= true
NO_X=           true
NOGAMES=        true
SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2 -Z
SUPHOST=        cvsup2.se.freebsd.org
SUPFILE=        /root/standard-supfile
PORTSSUPFILE=   /root/ports-supfile
PERL_VER=5.8.6
PERL_VERSION=5.8.6

> Can't recall why i didn't send-pr this one - probably because no one else has
> complained till now.

Apparently I also don't have any time to look at it today, I guess I'll
have to try to find some time tomorrow. I'll send-pr once I dig about it
a bit more.