Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:50:34 -0400
From:      "luasi dubay" <dubaylu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/arm support for Marvell chips -- please review

On 10/14/08, Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com> wrote:
> Vincent Barus wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  > nice progress. Maybe someday there's a way to get a stripped down
>  > FreeBSD working on a d-link dns-323 (http://wiki.dns323.info/ ) ?
>  > It's a 88F5181 CPU.
And some now have a 88F5182. I am running NetBSD on mine. The
bootloader u-boot is stripped down and has no network access so be
prepared to download kernels using kermit. Something else to think
about if you want to turn it into a server, ...when it is power cycled
the DNS323 needs a kick to get it going again.

> The port is reported to work on 88F5181 (kevlo@ had his LinkstationPro
>  running), so the device you mention should only require some configuration
>  tweaks, if anything.
The gpio's need  reverse engineering too. The wiki does not provide
enough information to power off the device. I am working on this.