Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:04:19 -0500
From:      Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com>
To:        Steve Franks <bahamasfranks@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: does ndisgen work with(mini) pci-E cards?

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Steve Franks <bahamasfranks@gmail.com> wro=
te:
> My new laptop is the fist I've seen with mini-pci-express. =A0Major
> PITA. =A0I get ndis0 after ndisgen/kldload/etc, but I can see any AP's,
> and I'm wondering if it's due to the new bus? =A0I suspect I'm barking
> up the wrong tree since the driver does get loaded, it's probably
> finding the card...other thoughts I'm having is alot of Q&A I've
> googled makes reference to the speficic rev of ndis (4.0, 5.0,
> 5.1)...maybe that's an issue...
>
> Best,
> Steve
rg"

This isn't going to be much help, but it may add to your relief/dismay
. . . I hope it's the former.

I had enough problems trying to get my Broadcom card (mini-pci -
BCM94306MP)  to work that i gave up and just plug it in. I would get
it installed and it would panic. You seem to have avoided that . . .
good. What .sys and .inf files are you using? From what I understand,
you need/should try a bunch 'til one works.

I wish you the best of luck!

-Neal

--=20
www.nealhogan.net          www.lambdaserver.com