Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:13:02 +0200
From:      "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   need help with my gateway

Hello all,

my name is Martin Tsanov and i live in Bulgaria. i own a club for computer
games and internet access and want to have a FreeBSD box as my gateway.for
now, my gateway is a windows machine with Wingate software, but the other
windows machines can access only the web and not the outside game servers i
am interested in. i am a newbie for both unix and freebsd
so, i downloaded the 4.5-install.iso and burned the CD. i installed FreeBSD
4.5 on a Pentium 166 with 32 RAM and 2,5 Gb HDD with 2 ethernets - 3COM ISA
3C509B - ep0 - ip 212.95.167.135 - and Realtek PCI 8029 - ed0 - ip
192.168.100.1 the gateway for my isp is 212.95.167.130 and the name server
is the same
then i used the GENERIC kernel, but only added these lines:
options    IPFIREWALL
options    IPDIVERT
compiled and installed the new kernel.
configured natd as described in the FreeBSD cheat sheets at
www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd
at this stage i'm not interested in having a firewall ,so i added the
following lines at the bottom of /etc/rc.firewall
/sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ep0
/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

from the freebsd i am able to ping machines on both networks and to
traceroute over the internet.
the windows machines are equipped with Realtek 8129 fast ethernets and the
local network works fine. they are configured with gateway the freebsd box.

now, the question :)
i am not able to access the internet from the windows machines. do i need
some proxying software on the freebsd box, like squid?
and, i am interested in the counter-strike game servers. they run on port
27010 or 27015 and i am unable to get the list of servers from the windows
boxes. if i equip a windows machine with the real 212.95.167.135 address,
everything is fine, but only for this machine, and not for the rest. should
i specify dns on the windows boxes and what if i should?

thanks in advance,
Martin