Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:03:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape native version

In localhost.freebsd.stable you write:

>Richard Foulk stands accused of saying:

>> Check out Netscape's Beta Central to report bugs and help them turn
>> this thing into a solid product.
>>
>>     http://home.netscape.com/eng/beta_central/index.html

>That not much help; from their POV "Communicator UNIX" is a shipping
>product.  You can't do anything related to it on those pages.

I hate to reply twice like this, but I realized I left out useful info
on the prior email address (like what the cgi form version expects).

1.  Here's the cgi form URL.  I think that if you go there with
certain betas, it realizes that you are a beta user and sets things
appropriately, but it doesn't work with the FreeBSD version.

	http://cgi.netscape.com/cgi-bin/auto_bug.cgi

2.  The things they ask for:

Name
Email Address
Version
Machine type
Problem description
bug severity: cosmetic / didn't work right / crashes netscape /
	crashes computer / other
reproducible?
URL which triggers

Again, the email address you can use if the cgi doesn't work for you is

	x_cbug@netscape.com
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/