Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:02:21 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "Xpression" <admin@atenas.cult.cu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deinstalling questions....

Hi!

> Is there a way to uninstall a package installed via make && make
> install ??? I mean, when I compile a package it is installed on
> /usr/local and through a tree, then if I want to uninstall it I have
> to delete the files one per one...

If you installed from ports, then go to the directory of the port
you want to uninstall and enter:
make deinstall

If you downloaded the source tarball and compiled the source yourself,
then you need to delete the files manually.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Fear of crowded holiday shopping: Santaclaustrophobia.