Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 19:42:36 -0500
From:      Oliver Wilson <owilson@cam.org>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyone using XWPE

Hi,

I have installed XWPE on FreeBSD 2.1.6 running Xwindows 3.2 and received
the following error when using the 'run' command on a C++ source that is
open in the editor.

        /tmp/we_205/we_sys_tmp: /tmp/we_205/we_sys_tmp[1]: ././obj: not
	found
        type <Return> to continue

The file was successfully compiled as can be seen from the following
messages (I'm using GNU C++ compiler):
        g++ -c -g /home/oliver/sysdev/ch2/myfirst.C -o ./myfirst.o
        Success
        g++ -o ./obj.e ./myfirst.o -lm
        Success
        Return-Code: 0

I have the following Compiler-Options set:

        Compiler;               g++
        Compiler-Options:       -g
        Loader-Options:         -lm
        Executable              obj
        Language:               C++
        File-Postfix:           .C
        Cmpiler-Stype:          GNU

What am I missing in the setup? Why does the error message point to
././obj and not ./obj.e?

I very much would like to use XWPE as a development environment. Are
there any books or papers in english that woud explain how and where to
use the 'user variables'.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Oliver Wilson