Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 17:00:21 +0800
From:      Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: objc

Just tried to compile this and:

===>  Configuring for objc-1.8.17
(cd /usr/ports/lang/objc/work/bootstrap;configure --prefix=/usr/ports/lang/objc/work/bootstrap --gcprefix=/usr/local;/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/lang/objc/work/bootstrap/bin;make default install)
configure: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I assume this should be ./configure
my Makefile # $Id: Makefile,v 1.6 1998/05/15 02:48:21 chuckr Exp $
or did I miss an update?

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980514222726.16302F-100000@localhost>, Chuck Robey wr
ites:
>I just updated objc, and I wanted to say something about the guy who is
>the author (David Stes).  He runs FreeBSD also, and he's extremely
>willing to work on adding new features, fixing bugs, and considering new
>ideas.  Bringing this port up-to-date was real easy (relatively
>speaking, for the size and complexity).
>
>If you wanted to experiment with an OO language, and wanted to be able
>to talk to someone who cared, you could get a pretty sure win ny
>checking out this URL (and the updated ports/lang/objc):
>
>http://www.can.nl/~stes/software.html

>Chuck Robey                 | Interests include any kind of voice or data
>chuckr@glue.umd.edu         | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
>213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
>Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
>(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).

---
Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org>