Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:16:06 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@cichlids.com>
To:        Rezamys <rezath@tm.net.my>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 Release To 3.2 Stable

Thus spake Rezamys (rezath@tm.net.my):

> Should I do an 3.2 upgrade first or just select 3.2 stable (ftp'ying from releng3.freebsd.org) instead?
> Is this the correct way? Am confused here...

I prefer the updates by make worlds.

But I had to update to 2.2.8 first, before I could do the make
aout-to-elf successfully.

You also should first do a aout-to-elf-build.

Updating by FTP didn't really work for me. the update worked better.

> Also I wonder where does the new kernel "src" reside? Does it parked at /usr/bin?  How does one "sysinstall" it?

The new kernel src?
In /usr/src/sys of course, as before.

Or do you mean how to get the sources for upgrading to 3.2?
You have to use cvsup, as described in detail in the handbook.

Alex
--
************** I doubt, therefore I might be. **************
*** Send email to <pgp-keys@cichlids.com> to get PGP-Key ***