Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 16:57:42 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bde@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current build is now broken..

> It takes about 1 minute to test if you have things set up to build
> releases.  Just check that the dir file gets installed early.

You're assuming that I'm not already in the middle of a multi-hour
release, Bruce. :-)  That is not the case right now and so it
is not a one minute affair.

> >however, I think that you can also test the release target just as
> >easily as I can and it's probably time you started doing so anyway
>
> Sorry, I don't have time to test releases or 2.2.

OK, well, then when you change Makefiles which you think might break
the release build, please send me diffs for review rather than
committing them directly.  It might take me up to a week to review
them since I do testing for multiple branches and I don't have the
disk space to keep more than one release tree active at a time,
needing a few days to "reset" from whatever I was last doing, but it's
better than a broken SNAPshot when I least need the hassle.  See
below:

> Well, I have been testing the de-grossing change in -current since
> January, and I asked you to fix it properly then, with no results.

Sorry, it didn't seem to be one of those "critical path" kinds of
items and I've had a pretty busy year so far, but if it'll make the
difference between having my builds fall over and not, I'm willing to
try and review your changes more aggressively.

					Jordan