Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:37:34 +0200
From:      Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
Cc:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs, nfs and zil

>> All ip-activitiy, dns, ssh etc. on the interface (ip-address) that is
>> mounted. So whenever I test I log in to the server using the other
>> ip-address and whenever it stops responding to ping or my screen
>> session stops I reload the interfaces and the traffic resumes.
>
> Are the two NICs the same brand/driver/board? If not, could you try to
> switch the networks on them and test if the problem persists? It would also
> be nice if you could tell which driver/chip the NIC with the problem is.

It's a supermicro server with dual igb-nics on the mainboard. I did
try other cables and other ports on the switch (hp procurve). I don't
have access to the server atm. but I'll get the chip-info in a day or
two. Both ip-addresses are on same subnet.

Speed is autonegotiated to 1 GB full duplex on server and switch. No
errors detected using netstat or on switch.

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

twitter.com/kometen