Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:13:32 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim.Sobolev@portaone.com
Cc:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: bridge(4) removed from HEAD

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On 2005.09.27 20:26:37 -0700, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
> >All,
> >
> >as discussed on -arch, the old bridge(4) implementation has been removed=
=20
> >from HEAD.  The new if_bridge(4) is there to serve as a full functional=
=20
> >replacement.  If you find anything that does not work with if_bridge(4)=
=20
> >that used to work with bridge(4), please let me or Andrew Thompson=20
> >(thompsa@) know.  Thanks.
>=20
> Have you updated the handbook to reflect this change?
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bridgin=
g.html

Considering that we only (more or less) document -STABLE branches in
the Handbook it's not a big rush, as long as it's mentioned before 7.0
comes out, though documentation about if_bridge in the Handbook would
of cause be nice, considering it's also in 6.0 :-).

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--