Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:57:33 -0700
From:      David Bushong <david@bushong.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas.klemm.ak@bayer-ag.de
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 21960

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 08:10:17AM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 08:12:08PM -0700, Barrett G. Lyon wrote:
> > With 4.1-Stable we could not get the random hang to go away.  We gave up
> > on U160 and Adaptec and just replaced it with a symbios card.
>
> Is there a compareable SCSI card, with the amount of connectors like
> on the 29160 ? At least I need LVD wide and Narrow SCSI.
>
> BTW, what symbios model is it ?

Symbios is just the chipset these days.  I've had excellent results with
the Tekram DC390-U3W using the "sym" driver.  I'm using it to work around the
broken onboard 29160 on my SuperMicro 370DL3 motherboard.  Unfortunately,
the 64 bit tekram card has a different shaped slot than the 64 bit on the
370DL3, but it works fine in 32 bit mode.

The DC390-U3W has, I believe, actually one more channel by default than
the 29160.  I believe you can use LVD, UW, and 50 pin all at the same time.

--David Bushong