Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:10:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        dgason@att.com (Ason, David G, NCIO)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: FAT file systems, Java, and GNUStep

In a previous message, Ason, David G, NCIO said:

> Howdy!
>
> 	After hearing rumors about FreeBSD for sometime, I finally came across
> your website. It looks like you folks really have a great product! I am
> looking forward to messing around with it!
>
> 	I do have some questions about FreeBSD however:
> 1) If I have a machine running Win95, can FreeBSD use the existing FAT
> filesystem or will I have to repartition the hard disk?

you need to repartition. The fips program (available on the CD or ftp site)
usually does a good job, if you have the space.

> 2)Is there a Java Development kit 1.1 or better for FreeBSD? If not how
> about the Java VM?

1.1.5 is available. And it works well.

> 3)Will GNUStep and the NeXT desktop clone run on FreeBSD?

Yes.

> 	Thanks in advance,
> 	Dave Ason
> 	AT&T Labs
> 	dgason@att.com

HOW CAN YOU TELL IF TWO ADULTS EATING DINNER AT A RESTAURANT ARE IN  LOVE?

"Romantic adults usually are all dressed up, so if they are just
 wearing jeans it might mean they used to go out or they just broke
 up."                                  --Sarah, age 9