Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 10:24:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@alcnet.com>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: modex support (again)

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Hmm. I sent this message a few days ago and it has been silently ignored.
> >Should I consider that an OK to extern the get_mode_param function in
> >vga_isa.c? Or should I take that as a mass "go ahead, we're not going to
> >commit the code anyway?" :(
>
> Sorry, I missed your original message ;-<
>
> I will contact you later today on this issue.
>
> Kazu

  Thanks a lot. Sorry to sound so glum...I just wouldn't want to be
wasting time on an, albeit minor, project which was going nowhere. I
really appreciate the feedback and I've received e-mail from a few list
members interested in seeing this happen. So I'm excited :)
  I think that if I can figure out a way to make this into a KLD that
there really couldn't be any objections. :) I've got it working right now
by including the modes in vga_isa.c, but I don't like the idea of adding
kernel kludge seeing as most people probably don't need/want it.

  Thanks again,

  Kelly
 ~kbyanc@alcnet.com~
  FreeBSD - The Power To Serve - http://www.freebsd.org/