Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:24:51 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        FreeBSD AMD list <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sun X4100 LSI1064 support

On Jan 6, 2006, at 8:46 PM, David Paul Zimmerman wrote:

> Hi, all.  We recently purchased a Sun X4100, which has the built-in
> LSI1064 SAS adapter.  So far a lot of stuff seems to work:
>
> 	- autoboots the amd64 6.0-RELEASE disc1 CD
> 	- USB keyboard and VGA monitor connected to the back work great
> 	- gets all the way to the FreeBSD setup menu

Prior to buying mine I did some research and found that SAS support
is probably a ways off, unfortunately.  So I purchased mine without
disks in the hopes of booting and running from the RAID card....
however, I missed the fact that it only has low-profile slots and the
LSI cards are not available in low profile.

Are you planning to run a RAID card on yours?  If so, which one?  The
only one that seems to have a chance of working for me is the Adaptec
2230SLP (I need dual channel).