Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:18:25 -0500
From:      "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        OpenSlate ChalkDust <openslateproj@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude E6520 Xorg Problems

Success X is running after some more playing to verify what works and doesn'=
t I will post back with full config, FYI I did have to re-enable Optimus aft=
er rebuilding with KMS.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2013, at 9:04 AM, "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net> wrote:

> I have only gone as far as scanning wifi and it did find all the ssids I e=
xpected.  System is now recompiling the xorg ports with new kernel and world=
 in place.
>=20
> Sent from my iPad
>=20
> On Jul 18, 2013, at 8:50 AM, OpenSlate ChalkDust <openslateproj@gmail.com>=
 wrote:
>=20
>> I am interested in your solution as I plan to more from my old desktop to=
 a notebook, most likely the same Dell you have.
>>=20
>> Have you gotten as far as WiFi? Dell has a bad reputation for network dri=
vers, especially WiFi.
>>=20
>> On Jul 18, 2013 3:41 AM, "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net> wrote:
>>> Oops stupid iPAD spell correct Kim's =3D KMS.
>>>=20
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>=20
>>> On Jul 18, 2013, at 8:38 AM, "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net> wrot=
e:
>>>=20
 right direction, this has an integrated intel video card with the core i7, i=
n process of rebuilding world and kernel with Kim's and xorg_new set in make=
.conf.
mber of created screens does not match number of detected devices" I have tr=
ied with an external monitor attached and laptop closed, with external monit=
or attached and laptop open, and with no external monitor.  All same results=
, I did remember to disable the Optimus feature in the bios, even tried enab=
ling it, no change.