Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 1997 19:51:02 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        jmcl@Acucobol.IE, "Gregory G. Losik" <gregor@cc.gatech.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /: file system is full

> The other alternative is, of course, to recommend a 45 MB root slice.
> There's nothing so holy about /compat that it *should* be in the root
> slice, but I don't like gratuituous symlinks either.  I'm copying
> FreeBSD-hackers on this--there's a good chance that they'll have some
> input.  Please follow up to -hackers.

Sysinstall was modified to create /usr/compat and symlink it into /
for new installs on July 16th:

revision 1.193
date: 1997/07/16 11:45:48;  author: jkh;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -1
ln /compat to /usr/compat on initial installation; this will
prevent the later addition of compat libs from overflowing /

					Jordan