Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:59:12 -0700
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        Frank Staals <f.staals@zonnet.nl>, Zousys Info <info@zousys.com>
Subject:   Re: JDK installation

On Sunday 26 June 2005 10:05,  the author Frank Staals contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: JDK installation:

>Vizion wrote:
>>On Saturday 25 June 2005 21:25,  the author Greg Lewis contributed to the
>>dialogue on-
>>
>> Re: JDK installation:

>>>Use the native jdk15 port or upgrade to a newer version of FreeBSD
>>>(linux-sun-jdk15 will run ok under 5.4).
>>
>>Do Not do "make install"
>>I suggest you make sure your ports collection is up to date using cvs ,
>> then "make clean", then "make" from the ports directory and then "make
>> install". David
>
>Allthough this is  a little bit off-topic 'cd
>/usr/ports/<category>/<port name> && make install distclean' will do
>fine when installing a port
Forsome reason the jdk's often fail to install if you go that route. I have
twice found successful installations NOT using "make install" but doing
"make" and then "make install". It needs linux
emulation procfs filesystem working properly.   Adding the following line to
your /etc/fstab file:

 linprocfs   /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0

plus, as root, execute the commands:

kldload linprocfs
mount /compat/linux/proc
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing  bound for Europe via Panama Canal when
new engine is installed.