Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:39:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      sson <sson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS endian conversion

Brooks Davis-2 wrote
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 02:11:02PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> is it possible without backup/restore?
>>
>> any tool?
>>
>> or do i miss something in fsck_ffs manual?
>
> You would need to backup on the source endian and restore on the
> destination.  Stacey Son (cc'd) has some patches to allow access to UFS
> file systems of non-native endian that need someone to help polishing
> them up.
>
> -- Brooks
>

> attachment0 (188 bytes)
> &lt;http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/attachment/5995345/0/attachment0&gt;

(Sorry, I have been on vacation and then started having  #mbp2011
<https://mbp2011.org>;   issues with my laptop so I am just catching up.)

I just rebased my patches to something a little closer to -current.  You can
find my preliminary changes here:

https://github.com/staceyson/freebsd/commit/642ad5aec8e9d130cdd347699da9718b23ff749a

This provides enough support for the somewhat trivial case (e.g. ro, no soft
updates, etc.).  This, indeed, needs more polishing.

-stacey.