Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 18:24:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neal Westfall <nwestfal@Vorlon.odc.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stable kernel does not compile

I have a news server running FreeBSD-2.1 that occasionally panics
with the infamous "free vnode isn't" or somesuch message.  I
decided to try downloading the current -STABLE kernel sources
and rebuilding the kernel.

When I run a make, I get the following when it tries to load the
symbol table:

Script started on Tue Feb  6 18:13:24 1996
bash# make
ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_btintr' referenced from data segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bash# exit

Script done on Tue Feb  6 18:13:30 1996

Are there some other files that I need to recompile first in order to
get this to work?

Neal Westfall
Digital Odyssey		nwestfal@odc.net