Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:29:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ben Luey <lueyb@gridley.ACNS.Carleton.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compile / inst openssl-0.9.6b dso_win32.o / rsaref problems

I'm running freebsd kernel 4.3 and the 4.4 system and I'm trying to
upgrade my ports to the latest and greatest. I've cvsuped all of src-all
and ports-all. I trying to compile openldap (openldap2 failed) I was told
I needed a newer version of openssl, but I can't use the ports to upgrade
it since it is installed in the base. When I go to /usr/src/crypto/openssl
and run make I get:

ar r ../../libcrypto.a dso_dl.o dso_dlfcn.o dso_err.o dso_lib.o dso_null.o
dso_openssl.o dso_win32.o dso_vms.o
/usr/libexec/elf/ar: dso_win32.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

I I found dso_win32.f on the web and compiled it and then I get errors
about rsaref, but I think something bigger than just this file is wrong.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

lueyb@gridley.acns.carleton.edu