Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:02:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Bongert <dbongert@ssc.wisc.edu>
To:        "Charles A. Peters" <cpeters2@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: getting @home to work with FreeBSD

That may vary depending on whose @home you use. I use Bresnan@home (a
subsidary of TCI, and probably uses their rules), and I am only
allowed dynamic IP addresses. The IP address I am given doesn't
change much, so I was able to set up my computer as if it were
static. Besides, I have a dynamic DNS setup for my computer, so I can
just ssh mydomainname.myip.org, instead of having to remember
computer-a.mdsn1.wi.home.com.

By the way, the DHCP pages I found were primarily RoadRunner-centric,
but I did find a note on @home (but that didn't help).

--
Dan Bongert                     dbongert@ssc.wisc.edu
SSCC Unix System Administrator  (608) 262-9857