Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:40:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      erb <erb@cloud9.pain.net>
To:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Subject:   Re: RELEASE 4.3 -> RELENG_4_3: SUCCESSFULLY but ...

Hmm.. I only update the 'world' if I am changing something that requires
it, other then that I use a crontab entry that looks similiar to this..

#run cvsup every week at 2:30 AM (Friday) + compile/install new kernel
30      2       *       *       5       root    newkernel

and the newkernel script is as follows..

#!/bin/sh
# New kernel script, will cvsup, configure, compiling and install
# new kernel from source. -erb
#
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH
cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/supfile >/var/tmp/cvsup.out 2>&1
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
config CLOUD9 >/var/tmp/config.out 2>&1
cd /usr/src
make update >/var/tmp/update.out 2>&1
#make buildworld >/var/tmp/buildworld.out 2>&1
#make installworld >/var/tmp/installworld.out 2>&1
make buildkernel KERNCONF=CLOUD9 >/var/tmp/buildkernel.out 2>&1
make installkernel KERNCONF=CLOUD9 >/var/tmp/installkernel.out 2>&1
echo "CVSUp, & Kernel compile/install completed. For more information
referr to /var/tmp and browse through the .out files." | mail -s "cvsup & kernel compile completed" sysadmin@cloud9.pain.net

seems to do the trick just fine, could anyone let me know if this is a bad
idea?