Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:46:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dylan Carlson <damage_z@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: ReiserFS port to FreeBSD

I suggest using Softupdates.    I think the short answer with regard to
journalling is that, no nobody has ported those over yet; mostly because
softupdates is available.

Journalling is sort of an 80s technology.  Still valid, but for most things I
would take softupdates over journalling.

http://www.mckusick.com/softdep/index.html

If I had a choice of journalling filesystems to port to FreeBSD, I would choose
XFS.  Neither Reiser nor ext3 blows me away.

Cheers,