Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 2002 00:40:31 +0200
From:      Trond Arve Nordheim <trond@nordheim.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port forwarding problem

Hi.

I have a FreeBSD router with dc1 as the external interface connected to
the internet, and dc0 connected to my lan. I've put up some port
forwarding from dc1 port 80 to 172.16.0.2:80, and external users can now
access the webserver on my local network.

However, DNS pointers are pointed to my external address, and I want
other machines on the same local network as the webserver to be able to
access the webserver via the routers external IP address. I've
experimented with some /etc/ipnat.conf-entries, but I can't seem to
figure it out. Anyone have any ideas ?

To make it simple;
How can I make machines behind the router access the webserver via the
external IP of the router itself? I'd rather not put up two sets of DNS
pointers, one for external access and one for local access. Been reading
HOWTO's and googling all day, and I haven't found -anything- to help me
do this. :\

--
Trond Arve Nordheim
 - "This message is ROT13-encrypted twice for extra security."