Date:      Thu, 24 May 2018 12:06:11 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
To:        "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Cc:        "ports" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <decke@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WireGuard for FreeBSD

On Thu, 24 May 2018 19:39:22 +0200 "Jason A=2E Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4=2Ecom> s=
aid

> Hi Chris,
>=20
> On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 3:38 PM, Chris H <portmaster@bsdforge=2Ecom> wrote:
> > I should have no trouble introducing Wireguard to the ports system toda=
y=2E
>=20
> I'm not a native fluent speaker of FreeBSDese, but my understanding is:
> a) Bernhard committed the two new packages to ports today=2E
> b) If you update ports with portsnap, you can build them locally=2E
> c) If you run `pkg install wireguard`, it fails because the build
> servers haven't gotten to them and won't for several days=2E
>=20
> Does your statement about "introducing WireGuard to the ports system"
> mean that you intend to rectify (c) immediately, so we don't have to
> wait several days for the build snapshot scripts to tick in cron? Or
> is it mostly just related to not realizing (a)?
Sigh=2E=2E=2E
It was my understanding that when I stepped up to adopt WireGuard,
and your ack to that=2E That *I* would be adding the port=2E I wasn't able
to produce the port that same, or next day, as I am already Maintainer
for nearly 150 ports=2E I have no trouble with that list, except that
clang/llvm v5, and shortly after v6 became the default versions in $BASE=2E
Which introduced a few pr(1)'s I needed to deal with=2E
Now all the time I have spent researching, and staging to build the port
have been laid to waste=2E Apparently you rescinded, and gave it to Bernhard=2E
This project doesn't feel like a good match to me=2E
No hard feelings, Bernhard=2E Have fun with the port=2E

All the best=2E

--Chris