Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:36:23 -0500
From:      "John C. Place" <placej@ctcdist.com>
To:        nunnari <roberto.nunnari@agie.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: g++ -v --> 2.7.2.1 ???

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 12:00:15PM +0100, nunnari wrote:
> How about configuring csh to bring up the previous command line
> pressing the uparrow? I didn't try CTRL+p yet...

csh historically uses the !! convention to repeat command lines, ether run
bash or ksh (My favorite). Usually the second thing I do is install pdksh
from the ports collection when setting up a new FreeBSD machine.

> Any help/hints will be greatly appreciated.

Read Read Read :-) and get ready for a learning experience. You have in your
hands one of the more stable OSs around but it comes with a price, you will
have to get your hands dirty on a few config_files and such.

Also a _great_ book is "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey. It is worth its
weight in gold. I am running stable not current (3.0) but It should still be
of help.

Good Luck in your Quest

John C. Place