Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 2013 07:18:52 -0900
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Wireless router

> I need an of the shelf Wifi-router with the following capability.
>=20
> It should provide at least two separate Wifi networks. One private and one=
 guest network. The guest network should be time controlled so that it will t=
urn on and of on the times set.
>=20
> Is such a product available?
>=20

I'm sure other brands have this feature as well, but I have a Netgear WNDAP3=
60 which allows this:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/WNDAP360_RM_03May2011.pdf
(see Page 55).
You would have to either have (2) or use one frequency (say 5GHz) as your pr=
ivate and the other frequency (2.4GHz) as your public.

It is also just a wireless access point, so for an "off the self router", yo=
u would need something like (or similar on whatever brand you prefer):
http://www.netgear.com/images/FVS318G_DS_10Jan1118-5265.pdf

Personally, I use an old Pentium 3 running FreeBSD 9.2 and rolfheinrich's ve=
ry excellent VPN server/router guide here as my router:
https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?&t=3D26755