Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2016 16:25:56 -0400
From:      Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
To:        Alex Teaca <ionutalex.teaca@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Bhyve]HDA Sound Emulation - Call for Testing

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 11:17:10PM +0300, Alex Teaca wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>=20
> This summer I've participated in the GSOC 2016 program working on the HDA
> Sound Emulation in bhyve. The code is not fully finished but the main
> functionality is accomplished and can be used in order to play and record
> sounds in a bhyve VM.
>=20
> More information you may find here (including the hda patch) [0].
>=20
> So if you need to use it or just want to try it, some feedback would help
> me a lot.

Hey Alex,

First of all, THANK YOU! You're doing amazing work! I'll give the patch
a shot soon.

Second, would it be possible to track the patch using Phabricator[0]? That
way, we can see how the patch has changed over time. And it's much
easier to know when a patch is modified via Phabricator than doing a
curl HEAD request against a wiki attachment to get the last modified
date.

Again, your efforts are both much needed and much appreciated.

[0]: https://reviews.freebsd.org/

Thanks,

--=20
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer
HardenedBSD

GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1

--4bRzO86E/ozDv8r1--