Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:45:18 +0100
From:      Ron Steele <rjs@asd.banctec.com>
To:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low end PS laser, or inkjet/bubblejet

On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, matthew c. mead wrote:

> 	I've been needing a new printer for a while now, considering what
> I've got is from 1991 - a Star Micronics 1020 Rainbow 9 pin dot matrix
> thing.  I'd like to retire that to line printer status only and purchase
> either a low end postscript level 2 capable laser printer, or a mid to high
> end ink/bubblejet printer.  I'm leaning towards the ink/bubblejet printers
> right now because PS laser starts higher than I'd like to spend.  I know
> -matt

Well, I picked up a Panasonic LED (non-laser page printer) a few months
ago for $400US.  It is PS Level 2.  It has 2MB upgradable to 4MB. Not
that many fonts without some upgrade option.  It seems to consistantly
print documents that our HP Laserjet 4 with PS that I use  at work chokes
on.  300DPI.  This is not a high end machine, but it is a cheap entry into
PS.

Ron