Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 16:12:36 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 2.2.0 / sftp support?

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 02:23:19PM +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> Now I can't seem able to find sftp except for some source in the
> source tree. The OpenSSH homepage man pages mention it, while the
> FreeBSD ones don't. So I began to wonder whether I got the correct
> version on my boxes and did the following (I'm tracking stable quite
> frequently):

I don't know why it isn't in the base distribution, but you can
find it in the ports tree: /usr/ports/ftp/sftp. The server itself
is part of the base operating system.

> So 4.2 STABLE actually IS installed and a pretty recent one after all.
> However, the following doesn't look quite as good:
>
> root@epsilon 14:23:45 /usr/src/sys/i386/conf $ sshd -V
> sshd: option requires an argument -- V
> sshd version OpenSSH-2.1

Did you upgrade it or a clean install. My sshd is located in
/usr/sbin/sshd, and on my previous 4.2 system I ran into problems
that half of the ssh-stuff was still located in the /usr/local tree
because I had installed it from the ports-collection.

[~] edwin@p6>sshd -a
sshd: illegal option -- a
sshd version OpenSSH_2.2.0

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/