Date:      Sun, 24 May 2009 15:37:35 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "A.J. \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netbooks vs FreeBSD

A.J. "Fonz" van Werven escribió:
> Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
>

>> I'm about to buy a netbook, which:
>> - is compatible with FreeBSD (wifi is especially important)
>>

> It would be nice if the builtin card works with FreeBSD but if not, there
> are USB WiFi adapters that do.

That's what I want to avoid. :) Nowadays, you can buy almost anything as
an external USB accessories but what's the point in integrated goodies
then? :)

>> - has a normal HDD not an SSD
>>

> Speaking of disks, what is the typical HDD size range of netbooks
> nowadays?

I've seen model with ~120-160 GB. That's enough for me. I'll buy a
netbook mainly because of the good mobility. Browsing, reading mail,
coding, ... I think it'll be fine for these requirements.

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor@FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor@kovesdan.org