Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:03:00 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "Theo Purmer (Tepucom)" <theo@tepucom.nl>, "'freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Virus Announcements

OK, here's something FreeBSD-specific we ought to do. Let's make
up a FreeBSD package that installs John Hardin's e-mail sanitizing
filters with some sane default settings that kill the Melissa virus.

John's filters can be found at

ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/antispam/procmail-kit.html

All we need to do is tweak the paths for FreeBSD, bring in
procmail as a dependency, and tell the user how to configure
Sendmail to use procmail as the local delivery agent.

This would be something that could be touted as an advantage of
using FreeBSD as a mail server.

Of course, I'll probably be told that this is a bad idea because
Jordan didn't think of it.

--Brett Glass