Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:44:42 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA fix in RELENG_4_6?

On Friday 21 June 2002 10:32 am, William Palfreman wrote:
> I have "*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_6" in my stable supfile.
>
> I know the ATA/ATAPI fix has gone into the RELENG_4 branch.  Has it
> gone into 4_6 too?
>
> I don't want to track _4 anymore partly because it was too unnerving
> having things like huge changes in the mail system appear between 4.5
> and 4.6.  I will be protecting myself from such big changes by following
> 4_6 instead now, won't I?

You'll be protecting yourself from non-security related bugfixes, too.  As far
as I know, the ATA fix probably won't be going into 4_6, but it's an issue
for the security team to decide.

If you read UPDATING, then you know about big changes before they happen to
your system... and that's half the battle.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago