Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 16:14:54 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: User PPP FAQ (fwd)

> I hereby volunteer to coordinate a (re)write of a FAQ for setting up
> user PPP (i.e. iijppp) under FreeBSD. If no one has any objections,
> that is.

Please stick this in the handbook since the FAQ is actually about to
die.  Nobody is maintaining it anymore and much of the information in
it is stale, making it more potentially harmful than helpful to the
new users who upon rely on it.  Since this has been an ongoing problem
for almost a year now, it's probably a good time to wave goodbye to
the FAQ - I guess we simply bit off more than we could chew with it.

					Jordan