Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:06:03 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When is the 6.1 branch going to be cut?

Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com> wrote:
 > M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
 > > I think we're going to see another BETA (BETA4) shortly.  The hold up
 > > is that there's still enough problems that need to be fixed that the
 > > release isn't near enough to do the branch.  [...]
 >
 > Thanks for the status update, take all the time you need... All I ask
 > is you keep the community in the loop.
 >
 > Have you thought about putting up a page on the website where FreeBSD
 > committers and core members can easily post news, such as this, in an
 > informal and/or casual manner?... wiki, blog, etc.

Actually, an RSS feed would be perfect for that kind of
information.  (That doesn't rule out a wiki or blog, of
course, but an RSS feed would be a nice way to distribute
the information in a concise, efficient and easy to digest
way.)

Yes, I know that there's already a "news" RSS feed on the
FreeBSD site, but it doesn't seem to contain that kind of
information.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good."
        -- Bertrand Meyer