Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:06:23 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org, Kenneth <kennethcf@earthlink.net>
Cc:        Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: nVidia SYSCONS Problem on Compaq Presario CQ60

On Wednesday 30 September 2009 2:53:48 am Kenneth wrote:
> Can anyone help with a syscons error when loading the screen saver on boot
up (yes, I know I don't need it if I use X, but I would like to get it
working)?

> The error looks like...
> Configuring syscons: keyrate blanktime screensaver module_register_init:
MOD_LOAD (rain_saver, 0xc709a7a0, 0) error 19

> I have a Compaq Presario CQ60 running freeBSD 7.2 from a 4G usb drive.
>
> My Compaq has a GeForce 8200m G on vgapci0.
> #dmesg | grep nvidia
> vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
> vgapci0: child nvidia0 requested pci_enable_io
> nvidia0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> nvidia0: [ITHREAD]
>
> And my /boot/loader.conf has...
> nvidia_load="YES"  (just recently built..pkg_info
says "nvidia-driver-185.18.29")

> And my /etc/rc.conf has (among other things)...
> blanktime="300"
> saver="rain"
> hald_enable="YES"
> dbus_enable="YES"
>
> Let me know, and I'll send whatever information you need.

The nvidia driver is completely unrelated to syscons.  I think the rain saver
is failing because it doesn't think the relevant graphics mode is available.
Maybe check for this message in /var/log/messages?

		log(LOG_NOTICE,
		    "%s: the console does not support M_VGA_CG320\n",
		    SAVER_NAME);
		return (ENODEV);

--
John Baldwin