Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:59:06 -0400
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: IP Change Script

At Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:28:46 +0900
Hiroharu Tamaru wrote:

> And you might also look into this as well;
>
> http://www.agt.ne.jp/~a-gota/programs/nicmond/nicmond-1.1.tar.gz
>
> It claims that it watches the link status of your network interface
> and dispatches a command when, say, you plug in and out you cable from
> you on-board NIC; just like what pccard.conf or usbd.conf is there for.

I tried it, and it seems to work well and solve an annoying problem for
me. The only thing that's preventing me from creating a port for it is that
the docs are all in Japanese. It's thought out enough to make configuration
and usage very easy, but it would still be nice to have docs in English.

I tried to filter the README file through AltaVista's translator. That was
an interesting experiment. The result, while powerfully poetic at times,
falls short of current FreeBSD standards.

Is there a kind soul reading this who can translate the manpages for this
very useful tool?

--
 Dan Pelleg