Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:40:51 -0500
From:      Scott W <wegster@mindcore.net>
To:        Hexren <me@hexren.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sun box

Hexren wrote:
> KC> Hi there
>
> KC> Two very simple questions, can I run FreeBSD on a Sun box and is it possible to run BSD on VMware
>
> KC> Kim

> I dunno about the SunBox but VMware is possible.
> Currently I run FreeBSD 4.10 in a VMware Workstation Version 4.0.5.
> The machine hosting the Virtual Machine is running Windows XP. Though
> I must admit I wasn't able to bring a FreeBSD Version greater than
> 4.10 to work in the VM.(I only tried 5.2.1)
>
> Hexren

I've had 5-CURRENT (around 5.1.X at the time) running without issues
under VMWare.  There are one or two configuration gotchas which can be
found on the VMWare support forum site or googled....adding back in a
'FreeBSD' token basically for the OS type...which is virtually the same
as the existing Linux OS config...

Scott