Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2019 07:53:08 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB 3.0 disk to move files between FreeBSD and Windows

--Sig_/DHzb6WaiKp4e6IeH9=KY7NA

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 17:13:35 +0700, Victor Sudakov commented:
>thor wrote:
>> I sincerely believe that the best variant is=20
>> /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-exfat. It's supported well both under the=20
>> FreeBSD and Abomination, and exfat is documented while NTFS isn't. =20
>
>I second this. I had weird problems while writing to an NTFS drive from
>FreeBSD. On FreeBSD, the files I had saved were there all right, but
>Windows 7 did not see them.

"exfat" is certainly a good choice; however, I would not rule out NTFS
completely. Windows 7, while not EOL until 2020, is definitely
comatose. I don't don't know anyone still using it, especially since
Microsoft offered an easy and free upgrade path.

--=20
Jerry

=E2=80=9CTwo roads diverged in a wood, and I took the road less traveled by=
 and
they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW. I totally shoulda took the road that
had all those people on it. Damn.=E2=80=9D =E2=80=95 Joss Whedon