Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:48:35 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unmounting a filesystem safely that doesn't exist anymore

On Sat, 2006-Jun-10 19:40:41 +0200, Bjrn Knig wrote:
>I did a mistake: I unplugged my digital camera accidentally before I
>unmounted the filesystem. *doh* This happens very often, because I'm
>very scatterbrained. =)

Your best solution may be to use mtools (ports/emulators/mtools) rather
than mounting the filesystem.

>changed ad hoc. I just want to know if somebody knows a workaround or
>small trick that prevents the other filesystems from being unclean on
>next boot-up.

The only way to do this is to have all the other filesystems mounted
read-only.  The "filesystem clean" flag is part of the superblock and
is cleared when a filesystem is mounted.  It will be set only if the
filesystem is cleanly unmounted.

--
Peter Jeremy