Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:40:43 -0700
From:      Patrick Powell <papowell@astart.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql-client-5.5.10 fails to install properly, breaking all dependant ports

On 03/20/11 07:33, Jerry wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:19:11 -0700
> Patrick Powell<papowell@astart.com>  articulated:
>
>> On 03/20/11 06:39, Robert Huff wrote:
>>> 	For the record: the upgrade wo 5.5.10 went smoothly here,
>>> vith both server and client appearing (on very minimal testing) to
>>> work as before.
>>>

>>> 				Robert Huff
>>>
>> did they fix the broken mysql_install_db which has bad values for
>> the various paths?
> Well, if it was broken it must have been fixed since I have not
> experienced a single problem after updating the system last night. I
> did need to reboot the system after the initial install since Postfix
> was complaining. After that, all is working well.

Try running mysql_update and mysql_install_db.  The last version of
these died with error messages indicating they could not find
executables.   The problem appeared to be that the scripts were
generated with either null paths for the executable directories or the
path was ./xxxx (./data was one).   I suspect that the original script
values did not
have entries for the paths.

--
Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies
papowell@astart.com            1530 Jamacha Road, Suite X,