Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:13:56 +0200
From:      Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
To:        ray <limited7@systemloop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apm support

ray wrote:
> hi, i have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRZ660 laptop and i'm trying to get apm
> to work. i have the apmd running. apm displays this:
>
> ~# apm
> APM version: 1.2
> APM Management: Disabled
                   ^^^^^^^^
                  Look here!

My guess is that you've left the line apm_enable=yes out from your
/etc/rc.conf. Put it in there! :-)

If you have it in /etc/rc.conf, check your kernel config to see if it's
enabled in there. I believe it is disabled in GENERIC, so you have to
enable it. This is for 4.X of course. I don't know about 5.X

-Henrik W Lund