Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:40:52 -0600
From:      Joe.Warner@smed.com
To:        Jens Sauer <pirol9999@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable Kernel-Modules-Support?

I'm not familiar with the 4.0 release and can't offer much help if you're
positive you've checked the kernel configuration file and LINT and have
come up empty.  You might try "option NO_KLD" instead of "LKM".  A safer
approach would be to unload the modules with the kdunload command.  Here's
an example: #kldunload -n vinum  Note that you can unload some of the klds
this way but not all of them.  Good luck!

Joe

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Jens Sauer   |
|        |          <pirol9999@gm|
|        |          x.net>       |
|        |                       |
|        |          07/12/00     |
|        |          02:19 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          Jens Sauer   |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG              |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Joe Warner/SMS)                    |
  |       Subject:     How to disable                      |
  |       Kernel-Modules-Support?                          |

Hi,

anyone can tell, how I can disable the support for Loadable Kernel
Modules when compiling a new kernel. I tried kernel-option
"option NO_LKM", but kldstat shows 3 loaded modules anyway.
And I reviewed LINT many times, but still haven't found anything.

I'm using FreeBSD Stable of 07/2000, and think in my official
Walnut Creek Distribution 4.0 it was disabled by default.

Thanks in advance
Jens