Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:07:12 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sd=E4vtaker?= <sdavtaker@gmail.com>
Cc:        talk@metabug.org, FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSD talks in JRSL, looking for topics

Sdävtaker wrote:
> Hello,
> Im from bug.dc.uba.ar. next month we will have JRSL (free software
> regional event) here in Argentina, we can get a space to talk about
> BSD, the event will have 2 publics, newbies and experienced users.
> I wondering what to talk about. I guess we can talk about PF for
> experienced users, but what would be a nice topic for newbie public?
> Licenses comparizon?
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Sdav

You could do a quick introduction to FreeBSD, how it's being build, what
license is attached, how the processes work, how the community supports
the FreeBSD Project etc.

I would not start a topic purely on licenses, it should be attached to
something broader.

Later this year I'll do a presentation (13th of december) in Utrecht
(Netherlands) where I will be presenting "the life of a FreeBSD
developer" (or something along those lines), I'll describe my efforts
for the FreeBSD Dutch Documentation Project, my various roles, how
FreeBSD works, and things like that...

Hope this helps a bit ;)

Cheers
Remko