Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:32:09 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Benedikt Schmidt <BeSchmidt@cloaked.de>
Cc:        Jos Backus <josb@corp.webtv.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mouse frozen in X when returning from text console

Benedikt Schmidt wrote:
> Same problem here on current (make world + kernel last week) with Xfree86
> 4.0.1 using a V3000 and and ps2 mouse. I tried using "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> with moused and "Device" "/dev/psm0" without moused. With both settings the
> mouse is frozen after switching back to X.
>
> I didn't have this problem with Xfree 4.0. It just appeared when I updated
> to the new 4.0.1 port.
> I don't have this problem on Linux using Xfree86 4.0.1 on the same computer.

This problem is not specifically related to -CURRENT; it happens with
XFree86 4.0.1 when the configured mouse protocol is "Auto". Another glitch:
"Protocol SysMouse" does not work with moused; however, "Protocol Mousesystems"
does.

-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **