Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:07:58 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Schultz <pmes@bis.midco.net>
Subject:   Re: Usability Of NOCLEAN

On Saturday 06 March 2004 10:37 am, Peter Schultz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just curious about the usability of NOCLEAN.  If I've just
> updated world and things are fine with the installation, is it
> considered safe to use NOCLEAN?  A couple updates to libc came in
> this morning just after I installed a fresh world and I'm wondering
> what others do in cases like this.

I use NOCLEAN when I have had a build die. If I can fix it, I do and
then continue on with NOCLEAN. If changes to something like libc come
in, every module on your system may use it and I don't think a NOCLEAN
is appropriate.

You don't have to update for every little change that comes across. Why
fix something if it isn't broken :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart